Friday, May 2, 2008

The Secrets I Will Not Tell

The Secrets I Will Not Tell

I hold secrets that I will not tell you
I have dreams that are unrealized
I have hope nutured in soft places
I have disappointments shrugged off
I have lovers lost and found
I have love realized and unrealized
I have been true and I have not
I have stood fast and I have not
I have learned and I have not
I have moments of darkness I cannot describe
I have moments of unimaginable light
I have times I wept in silence
I have memories of sweeping solitary joy
I have built and I have destroyed
I have planted and I have burned
I have swirled with the butterflies of tenderness
I have been tangled in dark and passionate fires
I have known the great stillness of eternity
I have known life changing seconds
I hold secrets that I will not tell you
There are not secrets because I hide them
They are secrets because I cannot describe them
I suspect this makes me very much like you
And that is a secret I can tell you

No comments: