Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Daily Life: Quick, Check Your Expiration Date

I was reading Live Science today and I came across this article - it seems that friends have an expiration date! It said that "Half of all friends are replaced every seven years!"

I immediately checked my expiration date. It seems to have worn off, so I have no idea what it is. That made me think of one of the greatest movies ever made - Ridley Scott's "Bladerunner". If you have never seen Bladerunner you should immediately rent it and watch it. It is a simply brilliant piece of film.

One of the key plot points is that the androids (the beautifully damaged "Roy Batty" as portrayed by Rutger Hauer) has a pre-programmed life span of seven years from their "incept date", the date on which they were created. The movie itself is a brilliant exploration of what it means to be human and what it means to love. I highly recommend it.

No comments: