Sunday, April 29, 2012

I added two more dreams to my array of dreams last night.  Neither of them had an particular narrative structure but I found them interesting due to their themes.

The Old Alfafa Field

When I was young, growing up outside of St. Francis, my family had an alfalfa field just south of the old boys building at St. Francis Indian School.  It wasn't all that big - maybe 60 acres or so, but it was good quality hay.  I dreamed that I was going through that hayfield and I noticed that there was only a week or two before it turned to seed, so I thought that I needed to arrange for someone to come in and cut it.

The Inventory

I dreamed that I was in a mid-sized store, not of an specific brand, along the lines of the modern full service drug stores like CVS.  I was in charge of completing an inventory of the store and we were using a new technology to do it.  The technology consisted of spraying the store with nanites and then the nanites would return with the inventory and log it into the computer.

I think that both dreams ran along the thematic lines of self-inventory and taking care of things that need to be taken care of, regardless of how old they are.  I could be wrong, but that is how I interpreted them.

No comments: