Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Question of Support

Following a couple of incidental conversations today a thought occurred to me.  Why is it some people have such challenges in supporting other people? 
The brief scenario - a friend of mine has a friend who is contemplating a radical career change in support of a desire to lead a different life.  They are contemplating abandoning career and relocating across the country and essentially starting over. 

My friend keeps raising up all the reason not to make such a radical change, as opposed to offering unqualified support.  Which would you do?

If a friend of yours came to you and said "I want to travel to the ends of the earth."  Would you be there for them? Would you back them up? Support them? Help them? Go with them?

 I don't have an answer myself - today wasn't the day for answers - today, I only have the question. 

Why do some people have a hard time supporting other people?

No comments: