Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Long Day Quiet Evening

A full day at work doing the thing I like the most - complex, detailed, patient analysis. One item at a time, through and through. That is what gives me the best buzz at work, that is what lets me lose the entire day in work, or like today, allows eleven hours to slide by with minimal burden.  We are at the part of the project (at least in my part of the project) where all the talk starts turning into reality. Or, as I like to refer to it, the best part of the day.

I got home tonight after work made some chicken and coleslaw, watched "Solomon Kane" again (the last day on my On Demand), then settled in for a hot bath.  I was going to work some more this evening, but pacing is also key to success I think.  Slow and steady always wins the race.

The hot bath was nice and while I was in the tub I got a call from one of my nephews.  My nephew had a surprise visit to the hospital last night - due to a bleeding ulcer.  Definitely not fun, but he is home now, with a handful of drugs and a diet and lifestyle sheet, along with a follow up scheduled next week.  I wish him the best of luck!

Tomorrow is my Friday at the office and it is also going to end up as another eleven hour day, most likely.  This week and next week are going to be pretty solidly work focused. But, once I get through the heavy lifting, I should be able to slide relatively seamlessly into the rest of the fall.  Speaking of fall, the turn of the season is almost upon us and I am looking forward to that - fall is my favorite time of year, so lets hope for, or perhaps make, a great fall.

No comments: