Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Dead, Whispering

Last night I dreamed of the dead, whispering secrets to the lost.

Let me start with that simple entry. I've been having rich dreams lately, in part due to the time of year, in part due to work, in part due to the particulars of the journey that I am on right now.  Last night, I dreamed that I was lying in bed with a lost lover. On the other side of her was my dead cousin.  (In life we had both known her.) He was whispering in her ear and I could not hear what he was whispering.  It was a strange and vivid dream that has stayed with me most of the day.

At work, the day was basically one long meeting, including hosting two meetings that were not my own.  I managed to get about an hour or two of work done, a small bit before the day began and another pair of hours tonight when I came home.  The chaos proceeds on the project I'm working, but I am distant from it, at least emotionally.  There are limits to the amount of insanity we can absorb.

No comments: