Monday, September 24, 2012

The Watcher - Original Photograph



I thought I would share this picture - this is an Asian Eagle Owl, the largest species of owl. The photograph was taken at the 2012 Highland Games. There are few things in this world that match the pure predatory stare of an owl.  You just know that they are looking at you saying "My, aren't you a tasty looking morsel."

It was a full day today.  I started with an early work email, then a call with T.R., and then off to run a friend of mine back and forth to the medical clinic for an outpatient service. (Think...roto-rooter.) While I was running that errand I went to a pair of work teleconferences, grabbed a simple breakfast at a diner, then took a walk around a local park.  I actually went to a teleconference when I was in the park, which was very nice.  I think I should do more teleconferences from the park.

From there, when my friend got out, we grabbed lunch and I headed off to run a pair of personal errands in the late afternoon.  By the time I got home I realized the day had flown by and I was simply tired.  I took a quick nap, then up for dinner, then logged on for another round of email, then offline and some quality time with T.R. (whose day was as hectic as mine).  Then, finally, to this point, here and now.  Whew.  A Monday.

My plan for the immediate future is to watch "Bones" and then head off to bed and read some more of the novel that I am currently working on, William Gibson's "Zero History".  Whoever you are, wherever you are, I hope your day ended well.

No comments: