Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Quick Day, A Quick Note

Paused during the day, waiting for a phone call for my brother, and I thought I would make a quick entry.  Today was:

-Two hours of online work
-Breakfast with Tony at the Hickory Pit
-Five loads of laundry at the laundromat
-A stop at the grocery store getting ready for the week ahead
-A stop at the drug store to pick up some essentials
-A stop at the hardware store to pick up some window cleaner
-A stop at the donut shop because it's right next to the hardware store
-Home, unloading the assorted stuff
-An hour more of online work
-This pause
-The call from my brother (any time now)
-Then off to see Stand Up Guys (Christopher Walken, Alan Arkin, Al Pacino)
-Then, probably a stop for a late lunch/early dinner
-Then home and fold and hang laundry

I sure am cramming a lot of stuff into a single day, but with all the hours working, I don't really see a lot of other options.  I was overdue with laundry and I was into the section of the closet where the clothes we don't wear by don't throw away just in case were hanging for the last couple of days.  I should have done laundry last week, but I was just way too busy.

One of the things I would still like to fold in and may do this evening is spend an hour or so cleaning the living room and kitchen - they're not particularly messy, but it does need to be done sooner rather than later.  I also find the whole act of "zen cleaning" to be particularly restful and soothing. I think I could use some restful and soothing today.

No comments: