Thursday, February 14, 2013

Melancholy And Bobby McGee

Well, I worked 63 hours in four days. I will tell you the full story when I feel a little more human. I logged off a short while ago and the plan tonight is a hot bath, then slip into the bed and do it all again tomorrow.  Project land is a new form of madness and it is eating up the days - combined with family phone calls, there just hasn't been much free time.  I slid into this evening after work tired and feeling melancholy at the end of Valentines Day. I send a Valentines Day text with a simple wish to T.R. and then, for reasons known only to the universe but probably closely associated with melancholy I thought of, and had to listen to, this song...

Me & Bobby McGee (Janis Joplin Version)

It is a pure classic.  Where ever you are, who ever you are, I hope you are having a nice night - and if you are aren't, I hope this song hits you in exactly the right place.

No comments: