Monday, September 22, 2008

Dreams of Fresh Bread

Monday morning and I am staggering around the house trying to convince myself that I am awake and the week is starting, whether I want it to or not!  I woke this morning with a pair of dream images - actually, a dream within a dream.  I have no idea what the significance is, but I thought I would tell you about it.

I dreamt that I was visiting the web site of a friend of mine and that she had prominently posted a message that said "I want to thank all of you in advance for NOT writing me short little e-mail notes."  She had then proceeded to list a series of email addresses that had NOT written her short e-mail notes. Each e-mail address was a link to some very beautifully written letters. 

I dreamt I was reading some of the things other people had written when I woke from that particular dream to find I was laying in my bed watching the sun flood the room and on the small desk near my bed was a big, fresh, golden round loaf of bread.  It the dream I reached out and touched it and felt the warmth and softness of the bread.

Then I woke from that dream as well.  It has been a while since I have had one of the complex dreams within a dream, so I thought that was pretty cool.

Fall is definitely in the air here this morning.  I had to get up and pad around the house and close the windows as I waited for the coffee to brew. Not cold, but brisk enough.

I had a very good weekend - I managed to accomplish everything I needed to, many of the things I wanted to, and relax.  Sunday was a long morning stroll, a visit with a stranger (from the West Indies) at the coffee shop, and time spent with some of the folks near and dear to me, both virtually and in real life. I looked at some very cool art work from one friend and some very cool pictures from another.  There are truly some talented people online - talented and creative. I enjoyed my big screen TV (through the course of the day I watched "The Fifth Element", the Dallas Cowboys v. The Green Bay Packers, and then the Emmy Awards).  All in all it was a very relaxing day.

If I were to characterize the weekend I had I would call it blessedly ordinary.

No comments: