Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Silence

My silence over the weekend has not been the silence of malcontention, but rather the silence of...far too many work hours the week before. It has been the silence of sleeping late. It has been the silence of long quiet conversation in another room. It has been the silence of whispered urgencies. It has been the silence of playing in the park. It has been the silence of good music, good books, good food. It has been the silence of rest. It has been the silence of recuperation. It has been all of the good silences. Now, a Sunday done, a good weekend lived, I curl up in bed with the latest edition of Science Fiction and Fantasy magazine, and I shall read myself to sleep. Then, having slept, I shall emerge into the noise of the newest of days. This one. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: