Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Evening - A Miracle At St. Anna

Well, I have to say that all in all it turned out to be a good weekend. One of the things I wanted to do this weekend was push myself physically to the point where I was tired.  I needed a good externally focused weekend of physical activity and so that was what I crafted with a combination of external activities and long fast walks in the morning and evening.

Today, I went for a long walk this morning, over along a park the runs the length of Lawrence Expressway from Westgate down to I-280.  The park itself is about a mile away from the apartment and about two miles long, the walk was a good brisk four miles in the still hours of the morning. It was a beautiful morning - brisk and cool, bright and clear. I was bemused most of the morning as I walked because of the song that was playing in my head when I woke up - "The Devil Inside".  It was mostly the chorus that was running through my brain. 

I got home and fired up a pot of coffee and spend the morning listening to music and playing online. I watched the Dallas v. Redskins game, I watched "Reign of Fire", and the I went out with friends to see a movie.

We saw the new Spike Lee directed movie - "Miracle at St. Anna" and I have to say - I recommend it.  It is a good and engrossing tale.  It is over two and a half hours long and I never checked my watch once during the course of the movie.  I got drawn into the story and the characters. After the movie we stopped and had dinner at Holden's - I kept it simple, a bowl of cream of chicken soup and a slice of Boston cream pie, washed down with coke.

From there, I drifted home - and am now watching the tail end of Reign of Fire again. Hmm, do you think that perhaps I like the movie?  My plan tonight is to watch a little T.V., unwind, maybe write a little, maybe play online a little, hopefully talk to a friend. A long hot bath might be in order as well.

No comments: