Monday, March 21, 2011

Morning Song

I was slow moving into this morning. I am not entirely sure my body didn’t fight off a low level brush with a cold or the flu last night. I slept deeply and pleasantly enough, but woke with a bit of an all over ache. I slipped out of bed, made a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal, and then just kind of sat there in my chair for a while, listening to the intermittent sounds of morning before I climbed into the shower. I felt a bit rejuvenated after the shower, though I considered staying home from work, just on the general malaise of the morning. Now, it might also have been the weather, since we are in the middle of a nice rain storm, with another cascading in behind it. We definitely started spring this weekend, as the newscasters said, “wet and wild”.

I had a good weekend, for a stormy weekend. Saturday was breakfast and a movie (“Paul”, which was very funny), then an afternoon of watching programs on the DVR, reading, and just hanging out around the apartment. Sunday was a near repeat – breakfast, then I went out to pick up some new business shirts for work, ending up near the Cupertino Square AMC Theatre. Since I happened to be right there I dropped over to see what was playing – and I happened to be five minutes before the start time for the new Bradley Cooper/Robert DeNiro movie “Limitless”. It turned out to be a pretty good movie. Then, I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing at home, doing some incidental cleaning, making a pot of sausage and vegetable soup (also a candidate for Monday morning’s general malaise), and watching several episodes of “Outsourced” On-Demand with Comcast.

As far as incidental reading is concerned I am reading a pair of books right now – “What Technology Wants” by Kevin Kelley (Non-Fiction) and “What The Night Knows” by Dean Koontz (Fiction). So far, they are both good reads. The Koontz is light and fast, I just started it this weekend and I am already about one fifth of the way through it, most likely I will finish it up this week.

So, I have to say, all in all it was a good weekend and it should be a quiet and productive week, with quiet, reflective, and stormy evenings at home. I still have to one task on my major to do list ahead of me – the eleven boxes. I think I am going to approach that as the project of this week.

No comments: