Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Dream, A Fiesta, Lunch and Two Movies


Last night I dreamed that there was a tear in the fabric of reality and "something wicked" came pouring through. In the dream it happened while I was at a Mexican restaurant and we (the customers and the staff) barricaded the doors and windows and fought the monsters off with improvised weaponry (kitchen utensils, clubs and spears made from broken furniture, etc.).

I am sure the dream was a subconscious reaction to the book "Spares", which involves crossing over into an alternate reality, called "The Gap". It wasn't really a scary dream, nor was it a threatening dream, it was more about the power of people banding together for a common cause. It was a fairly theatrical dream and always have within it that feeling that it was a story I was watching/telling myself.

After breakfast, following a stop at Fry's, I went to the Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, and met Don there. It was a pleasant afternoon wandering in the sun, with a nice lunch at Double D's Sports Grille. It warmed up a little, into the mid-eighties, by the time we decided to call it a day, so I was toasty warm when I got home.

I had a light salad for dinner, then watched one of my favorite movies on the DVR - "Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai" with Forest Whitaker. If you've never seen it you should immediately run and rent it. It is written and directed by Jim Jarmusch and is simply one of the coolest movies ever made. I took a lazy nap and woke up in time to catch the start of another excellent movie - "A Bronx Tale" with Chaz Palminteri and Robert DeNiro. All in all, it was an outstandingly lazy Saturday.


No comments: