Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Help - Oscar Worthy Film


A most excellent Sunday. After breakfast some of us decided to go see "The Help", the new movie with Viola Davis, Emma Stone, Octavia Spencer, Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard, about the writing of a book that tells the story of the black maids in Jackson Mississippi. Outstanding. The first Academy Award caliber movie I have seen this year - alternately funny and poignant. I see a Best Picture and a Best Actress (for Viola Davis) nominations. Just a truly awesome movie.

After the movie, we walked Microcenter to look at technology and then Tony and I grabbed an early dinner at El Burro. I wandered home and, as typical after a great dinner at El Burro, I took a nap. I followed the nap with a lazy reading of the Sunday paper and idling my way into the evening. It was an excellent weekend - slow, lazy, and quiet. I feel nice and recharged as I move my way into the new week.

I've been deliberately trying to "slow August down" in order to get some nice summer relaxation under my belt and this weekend was definitely a "win" in that regard. My plan this evening is to go to bed early and read myself to sleep and start the week was a lazy Monday morning.

No comments: