Sunday, January 22, 2012

An Apt Dream

I am starting a pleasant Sunday morning here, following a good night of sleep, a strange dream, and a morning spent with T.R.. I've now run through the shower - with some emergency repairs in the middle of the shower.  I put a new shower head on last night and it sprung a leak this morning, so I took it off and took a look at it and discovered that the threading on the new shower head was wrong, the original has a finer threading.  So, I quickly improvised and put the original back on, long enough to take a shower.  I'll do a more durable repair a little later in the day.

I had a dream last night that, on waking, I thought was entirely apt for work.  I dreamed that I was at work, that it was a weekend or holiday and the plant was mostly empty, and I was driving to another building to pick something up.  Only, we drove about half way to the other building and then parked and set out to walk. There was absolutely no reason to park where we parked, which was in the middle of a big empty lot, far from our destination. On waking I thought it was a pretty apt description of the work experience - pointless and empty wandering and choices made for no apparent reason.  It was amusing.

So now, I am getting ready to start the day, sitting in the living room, drinking a cup of coffee and watching a DVD of Jewel singing songs from her "Goodbye Alice in Wonderland" tour.  She is quite a talented lady, so I've been enjoying the DVD.  I spent several hours yesterday (while doing other things) loading CD's into iTunes so I can move them over to the iPod. My intention is to simply load my entire CD collection into iTunes and get it all onto the Classic iPod I use.  I am kind of looking forward to having all my music at my finger tips.  I've had numerous iPod's over the years, but I never bothered to load all of my CD's up. 

As I was going through the process yesterday, I discovered some CD's that I am not sure are mine (Big & Rich - really? Have I ever listened to Big & Rich?) as well as some slants to the collection that I wasn't awareness.  I would have told you that I not a big jazz fan, in fact, yet as I was loading I think about a third of my collection is jazz and that kind of surprised me.

My plan today is a simple breakfast, then my friend Tony wants to see Haywire (with Gina Carano) and I am kind of curious about it.  Though it is normally the type of movie that is low on my viewing list, I was surprised to see that several prominent critics gave it good marks, so I am curious about why.

No comments: