Sunday, January 8, 2012

Curse of the Wolf Girl - Martin Millar

It was a beautiful day here in California yesterday.  The weather was very nice for a winter day, blue skies and warm enough to be comfortable.  I did my best to ease through the day - a lazy morning, lingering in bed, a hot shower, breakfast with friends at the Hickory Pit, a walk through at Fry's Electronics, a stop at the market, then over to Bob's to socialize and game through the day. After a pleasant and entertaining afternoon a quick dinner of potato pancakes and then home, for a bit of time online, then a good conversation with T.R..  I sometimes think conversation is a lost art form, the ability to talk about a wide variety of subjects intelligently.  After the conversation, it was time to slip into bed and read a bit, then drift off to sleep.

That was the day, simple and enjoyable.  I went to sleep about nine p.m., so I woke up this morning a little after five a.m.. I tossed texts back and forth with the brother and sister, then fired up the DVR to watch "Devil" by M. Night Shyamalan.  I've had it on the DVR for a couple of weeks now by have never gotten around to watching it.  This morning seemed like a good day.

I've got a stack of non-fiction books that I want to read through in the next couple of days and weeks, but, since I like to end the day with fiction, I had to buy "Curse of the Wolf Girl" by Martin Millar, the sequel to the most excellent "Lonely Werewolf Girl" that I had just finished.  In fiction, once I get through with his one, I am going to switch to the last two books in the Hunger Games trilogy.  Thinking about it, I do have some enjoyable fiction set up in front of me.

I haven't got any major plans today - breakfast, then a quick trip up to the Fry's in Sunnyvale (my friend Tony wants to get a movie that is on sale and of course, browse the wonderful electronic toys).  As far as electronics are concerned, I think I am pretty well set for entering the coming year.  After the run to Fry's (and probably this morning, even before I get started) I am going to spend some time writing the first draft of another chapter. I may do a load or two of laundry, but that is sort of an optional behavior. So, whoever you are and wherever you are, I hope you're having a good day.

No comments: