Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Years Resolutions - A Quick Assessment

I thought that this year, as a different approach, I would periodically assess my performance toward my New Years Resolutions.  So, here is the first assessment:

-Be Deliberate:  Far from perfect, but doing a better job as measured by the sense of presence and the sense of accomplishment and enjoyment during certain times and things.  Still struggling at other times, still wrestling with the monkey mind, but all in all moving in the right direction.

-Read, Read, Read: Not as far as I would like to go, but moving in the right direction as well.  Still a tendency to burn blocks of time doing nothing, however I have managed to fill a few of those blocks with some quality reading.

-Write a Novel: 11,000 words in, so moving smoothly there.  Still feel the need to dedicate certain blocks of time to writing, certain blocks of time on certain days.

-Ride the Bicycle: So far, a dismal failure.  I will have to work to move this one closer to front and center.

So, all in all, I would grade myself at about a B, with a need to pick it up to an A.

 

No comments: