Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Pleasure of Virtual Work

I'm working from home today, waiting for the arrival of a package and a visit from the maintenance folks here at the complex.  Still on the early subject of changing the energy of my days, working virtually today was a nice energy shift. I was pretty productive this morning and, overall, my mood was good.  I am going to give some credit to the simple fact that my living room is a nicer place to work than my office.  It is clean, it is modern, it is visually pleasing, and it is quiet.  My equipment here is state of the art, modern and attractive.  I think that makes a big difference.

Another thing that impacts the energy is, when working virtually, there is no need to go through the hassles of getting to work.  No packing stuff.  No commute, no hassles getting into the place, no interruptions and no intrusions.  It all makes for a far more pleasant work day.  As we go through this period of change at work, the reorganization, one of the possible positives for me is if I land in a position that allows me to work virtually more often. That would definitely land in the plus column.

No comments: