Monday, May 14, 2012

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel



There were two names associated with this movie that absolutely insured I was going to see this movie. Judy Dench. Maggie Smith.  You could put the two of them in a television commercial and I would probably watch it over and over, so I was definitely in when it came to seeing "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel".  I was not disappointed.  The movie is very enjoyable - funny and touching, without a false performance in the lot of them.  I highly recommend it.

Tony and I went and saw it at CineArts theater at Santana Row in San Jose on Sunday morning.  We caught the early show, then grabbed lunch at The Flames across the street.  From there, I circled home and spent an easy afternoon, sliding into a graceful evening.

All in all, it was a good weekend.  Today was a typical Monday at work. I was in a pretty good mood until I got into the office and then I spun black pretty quickly.  A couple of things frustrated me - mainly a pair of pointless meetings.

I took a nice lunch and was able to refocus the day and pull a productive afternoon, including a complete review of the set of requirements that I am going to be working on for the next six months or so.  Tomorrow, I will make a second pass through them with a more critical eye and try and intellectually explore future minefields.

This evening was a pleasant evening with T.R. and I am closing the evening out watching Bones.  All in all, a good day.

No comments: