Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Brisk Tuesday That Felt Like Monday

Another brisk day under the belt. I started the morning at 5:00 AM with a shower and breakfast, followed by a call with T.R. (back from her vacation), then off to the office.

I'd love to tell you that it was a highly productive day, but it was a solid meeting from 7:00 AM until 12:00 PM, which were moderately productive.  The afternoon was better and I managed to accomplish some things - reviewing some of the requirements under my sphere of influence and responding to a handful of O&M issues.

We had two systems outages today (two different parts of the system), but since I am only peripherally involved in line support now, my role in resolving them basically consisted of writing a pair of email, taking a phone call, and opening a vendor ticket.

Then, I skated out, commuted home, stopped at the bakery for some fresh cookies, then a simple dinner of a sandwich and some potatoes. The evening is starting gently and I am easing into it. I am not sure what my plan is, but I think I am going to do some work and do some writing and maybe watch something interesting off the DVR.  In short, I am going to try and do next to nothing.  I can be pretty good at that.

No comments: