Thursday, May 31, 2012

Work Frustrations

I'm not entirely sure how I hijacked my own blog and started writing extensively about work.  Maybe work, to a degree, has hijacked me.  I had a frustrating day today, mainly due to the overall volume of work, but that was just the surface that irritated something deeper. 

I am not sure what the deeper thing is that has kept me irritated at work, that has made me so frustrated, that makes me sensitive to the irritations of it all.  I think I will spend some time this weekend thinking about that and meditating on it. In conversation today I characterized my work environment as being 90% good and 10% bad, and I realize that for a lot of people that would be paradise. But, for some reason, the 10% frustrates me so badly that I find myself climbing the walls. 

Today, my trigger point was that yesterday I had sent an email asking for clarification on a project I was working on - and today, when I read the response from my upper management - well, it completely muddled things up.  From there, I struggled with staying present and motivated. I was able to, through techniques I've learned and through focusing on one task at a time.  I even managed to work myself into a good mood, then I had an afternoon meeting that spun me back into frustration - talking about the thing that had frustrated me to start with. 

Yes, definitely something I am going to think about and meditate on over the weekend.

No comments: