Sunday, March 15, 2009

Daily Life: The Ides of March

We never quite reached a state of sunshine over the weekend. It remained half gray and half gloomy, never quite becoming a storm, but never quite becoming spring. All in all though, it was a good weekend.

Saturday itself was pretty busy. I chatted online a bit in the morning, then went on an errand with a friend of mine to pick up a wood lathe he'd boughten. I was little more than hired muscle. After that, I was off to teach a class. From there, I socialized with friends and made the quick run home. At home, I spend some time on the phone in a great little conversation, and from there, a late dinner and then I fell asleep.

Today, I didn't really do anything. I basically just lazed around the house. I didn't have anything that had to be done and I didn't have anything that needed to be done, so I did nothing. I read, I wrote, I surfed, I watched some movies on TV, I listened to the Pogues. I went out to dinner with my friend T.S. at Frankie, Johnny and Luigi II in Westgate, then stopped at the store on the way home to pick up a new halogen lightbulb, some bread and some milk.

It is surprisingly nice to have a weekend where nothing significant happened. I noted on the calendar that it was the Ides of March. I thought of Shakespeare. I thought of Caesar. That was about the extent of any deep thoughts I managed today. I highly doubt I am going to manage to pull another deep thought out of this brain before it turns off for the evening. I highly doubt I am going to try.

No comments: