Monday, March 9, 2009

Observations: Re-Organizing An Online Journal

As I have gone through the process of online journaling for the last year I have been thinking about a little bit of re-organization. Specifically, what I am going to do is implement a categorization for the titles of my entries. Over the last year I have noticed that most of my entries fall into one of six categories, so I thought I would start using them in the title. The seven different categories are:

Daily Life
Fiction
Observations
Poetry
Photography
Recollections
Sharing

As I have gone through the process of online journaling I have discovered that there are things in my life that I simply don't write about or I don't write about them often and I thought that having a bit more formal of an organizational structure would help me chronicle those areas. Over the last year I have read some very good journals (very good being a highly subjective thing) which exposed me to the wide variety of possibilities within the medium.

I considered starting additional blog's, but in reading about blogging I encountered quite a few online writers who tried it and then abandoned it because they found themselves neglecting one (or more) of their alternate blogs. I haven't totally abandoned the idea yet, but at this point I am not inclined to go there. So, I am going to give this a try and see how it works.

No comments: