Friday, March 29, 2013

Day Two - Anaheim



I slept in a bit this morning, rising about seven p.m.. I eased into the morning with some coffee and a few final preparations before I headed off to Wondercon.  Tony picked me up at my apartment and we headed up the airport.  We lucked out in Economy Lot 1 and got a parking place right inside the gate.  That doesn't happen very often!



Smooth sailing through security, a sausage, egg and cheese muffin at Mojo's, then an hour and fifteen minutes of flight time to Anaheim.  The drive to the hotel from John Wayne Airport also went pretty smooth.  The room wasn't quite ready here at the Marriott, but that was okay - it gave us a chance to grab some lunch in the cafe.

We had some truly excellent spring rolls, and I think I followed it with the fennel crusted halibut, mushroom risotto, asparagus spears, and a tomato ragu. Did I mentioned tha thte spring rolls were truly excellent?  Well, the halibut was good, but the spring rolls were heavenly.



From there, we walked over to the convention center, picked up out tickets, and then walked the exhibit floor for a couple of hours - and a couple of miles.  It is a pretty sizable exhibit floor and we basically just did a fast walk. We stopped at one point to get a bite to eat - convention center food is expensive, but it was actually tasty.

From there, I popped back to the hotel room to call my step-dad and mom for the latest discussion of the family drama, which continues unabated.  From there, it was back over the convention center and I had hoped to catch the premiere episode of BBC's 'Orphan Black", but alas, it didn't happen.  So, we walked back to the hotel, which is literally right next door, and settled in for the evening, watching a movie off the hotels on-demand.

No comments: