Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday Winds Down

Well, it was a tough day I work.  I had a rough morning as, yet again, requirements change according to whims at the last moment. Very frustrating and I am sure the frustration crept into my voice more than once.  I managed to make it through the day.  It is just damn hard to work up any enthusiasm when you're constantly trying to hit a moving target.

So, let's pull out of my work brain for a bit. It has been a pleasant enough evening, with the sound of rain ushering me through the last hours of the day. I had pizza for dinner (the first time since the food poisoning incident, though from a different pizza joint), then spent most of the evening either in conversation (nephew, step-dad) and watching three episodes of "Spartacus: War of the Damned", which brings me up to day on that particular series.

I think I am going to head into an early bed tonight, read myself to sleep with some more of "The Pattern Scars" and try to get a good solid night worth of sleep. I went to an optometrist appointment yesterday and I've got an internist appointment tomorrow - so I guess as I wove in and out of too much stress and exhaustion this week, it was a doctor week.

I am not sure what I am going to do tomorrow, but I actually have a whole list of things that need to be done - laundry, a serious round of household cleaning, maybe some purging, and half a dozen incidental errands that need to be done.  There actually should be enough stuff to keep me busy through the weekend.  I kept my work hours down to four 9 hour days this week, deliberately and with intention, so that I would get a chance to relax and try and catch up on my sleep.  It seems to have worked - though I am still battling stress at work, I do feel more rested.  I think a solid weekend of resting is going to help  me a lot.

No comments: