Monday, March 11, 2013

Sliding Into The Evening

It was a fairly productive Monday at work today.  I worked ten hours through the course of the day, taking lunch and a break for dinner and a pair of errands at the end of the day, then circling back around to finish up a few extra items.  Last week, when I didn't do anything but work a standard nine hours a day, was exactly what I needed. I feel more recharged today.

I battled my Monday Monkey Mind pretty well today. It was doing the usual dance of negativity. It is kind of amazing how the mind works, all of the negative sentences that flow through it during the course of the day.  I spent most of the day aware of it and actively engaged in counter-measures, such as affirmations and meditations.  They worked and tomorrow is a new day.

Tonight, I am sliding into the evening with a call to my step-dad who is doing fairly well and moving steadily toward release in two weeks. With that under the belt, I have been watching "The Five Year Engagement" with Jason Segel and Emily Blunt.  It's a little slow and some of the jokes miss - but it has it's moments and they are both talented actors, so there is some joy wrapped up inside of it.  I haven't shaken my melancholy, but I today it was held at bay by the business of the day.


No comments: