Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It was a good day, all in all. Work went smoothly, I made some progress, and I actually got to watch my leadership say "no".  I did have to go to a rather stupid all hands meeting, but then I tend to find most all hands meetings to be a waste of time.

 Lunch was pretty indifferent.  

In the afternoon I flexed out of work early so I could go to an optometrist appointment to get an eye exam, order a new pair of glasses and another years worth of contact lenses.  I got a pair of reading glasses this time around for when I am spending a lot of time working on the computer.  I am wearing them right now.  They give me a nice array of options for those long days. Normally, I wear a pair of invisible line bifocals or contact lenses, but there are times when my eyes are too tired from work and my contacts are irritating my eyes, and yet I still have a lot of work that needs to be done - in those cases is where the new reading glasses are going to come in handy. The bifocals work fine, but for long term work I find that I give myself a stiff neck because I'm tipping back slightly to keep the computer screen in focus.

I also managed to write a nice long email to my sister today, which was pleasant. I think text is a great way of communication, but its more like incidental bits and pieces of a real conversation, so it is nice to both write and receive an email every now and then. My plan tonight is an episode of Whitney and then the rest of the evening reading The Pattern Scars.

No comments: