Saturday, May 25, 2013

Further Adventures With A Safety Razor

So, today was the second morning that I shaved with the safety razor.  It went well this time, only one small nick and no razor burn, resulted in a nice, tight, close shave. There is definitely an art to it, but the end result feels very good.

I slept well last night.  I woke up early this morning and lingered in bed for a while before slipping out, and then I've basically just eased through the morning in incidental silence.  I was sitting here having a cup of coffee and a little band of sparrows arrived on the porch and set about squabbling over who got the best position at the bird feeder.  Anyone who has ever seen sparrows at a bird feeder realizes they love kicking seeds all around and for a brief moment this morning it looked like they were having a contest to see who could kick them the farthest.  The sheer joy of life it embodied made me smile.

I started to watch TV this morning and then decided to pass on it - I guess I was in the mood for silence.  I web surfed a bit, but otherwise, I am just quietly easing into the day. I am going to head out in about fifteen minutes to meet Tony for breakfast, and then - well, and then I have no idea what I am going to do.

I do not have anything planned today.  There really isn't any movie out there that I am burning to see.  I may slip out and play some pool later in the afternoon, but time will tell on that.  It will depend on what sort of mood I am in.  I am tempted to circle back home and just spend a quiet day playing in the house, maybe doing some of the house cleaning that I've been putting off.  I don't know.  It is definitely going to be one of those days that I figure out as I go.

No comments: