Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Safety Razor Adventures

I've been contemplating getting a safety razor for a while and finally decided to do it.  With my new found piece of classic technology in my hand I shaved with it last night.  It has been years since I shaved with a safety razor, but most of it was buried deep in my muscle memory and came back quick enough.  It all went moothly. It was a beautifully close shave.  I managed to nick myself once - didn't actually feel anything, but drew a spot of blood, and I managed to give myself twin spots of razor burn, both in the same spot on the lower portion of my throat.  All said though, it was a great shave and as close as I remember.

Work went fairly smoothly - it was a bit chaotic and a bit busy, but productive. I think everyone at work is pushing things off there desks so they can take off for the weekend, so I am looking forward to a quiet end of the week as people flood out to enjoy that three day weekend.  I would both Thursday and Friday, so I am hoping for a pair of very productive days.  As for tonight, I think I am going to curl up and read some more in Leviathan Wakes.

No comments: