Sunday, May 12, 2013

Oscar Worthy Film - Mud

Well, I think I saw the first truly Oscar worthy film today - "Mud" with Matthew McConaughey.  It is one of those film that on the surface is pretty straight-forward.  A pair of boys find Mud on an island in the middle of the river, hiding out, and they decide to help him.  Wrapped within all that though is a great, subtle, mesmerizing film that is entirely true to it's own heart.  I would highly recommend it.

Wrapped around that was a pleasant day. No particular moment stood out as transcendent, no particular event besides the movie was a true gem, but the day itself was simple and precious.  I am home now, settled in for the evening, feet propped up, glass of ice water next to me, waiting for "Game of Thrones" to begin.  A simple and beautiful night.

No comments: