Thursday, May 2, 2013

Those Things I Never Anticipated

It has been eight days since the last time I wrote.  They've passed in a continuous blur of work, which is what happens when you have a major roll out.  The good news is it worked and it is done.  That means that, God willing, I will be able to settle back into some sort of normal rhythm as I enter the spring and summer. Imagine me in a state of high anticipation.  I am approaching one of my three day weekends and for the first time in a very long time, I have the weekend to me.  I don't have to work. Blessedly, I don't have to think about work.  Oh, I may do a little of both, but not having to do it is going to make all of the difference.

So, I decided to start the weekend with a couple of slices of pizza and tomorrow I am going to meet Tony for breakfast and then we're going to catch one of the early matinees of Iron Man 3 for Tony's birthday.  It should be a good day.  The weatherman is predicting gloriously beautiful weather and it is my intention to enjoy it to the best of my ability.  I am probably going to head up to Mountain View over the weekend for the Art Ala Carte festival, the kick off of the festival season.  Wander around, people watch, eat good food and then simply repeat as necessary.  If I have a good time, I might go back on Sunday.

I have a lot of things I want to write about, so expect a lot of entries over the next couple of weeks.  I have been so busy that much of what I have been thinking hasn't gone anywhere.  They are just slowly spinning around inside of me, being contemplated and waiting to be released. It has started out to be a transformational year, though in ways I never anticipated.  It is those sorts of things that I want to write about, those things I never anticipated.

No comments: