Thursday, May 28, 2009

Daily Life: California Evenings

A quiet and reflective evening tonight. I enjoyed dinner with nephew Tom at the Super Buffet (a chinese buffet on Saratoga Avenue and Stevens Creek Blvd). One of the things I like about the buffet is the ability to fill your plate with a little bit of everything, which is also one of the things I like about life in general.

After dinner we wandered around for a bit and then I swung home and spent a very nice evening just relaxing. I had a very nice phone call with my dear TR, and then later, while I was online, I googled a video on the shag (the dance). I was pretty impressed - if you want to see something cool, just YouTube or Google "Carolina Shag" and look at any of the many videos of that particular dance.

I then spent some more time configuring this new laptop and probably have some more configuration work to go, but it seems to be "mostly there" now. It is a very nice machine. While I was doing that I watched the auditions on "So You Think You Can Dance" which is one of my guilty television pleasures. It was pretty good and parts of it were very funny.

Now, I am going to let this computer run for a while and install some Windows updates while I curl up with a book and read myself to sleep.

No comments: