Friday, May 1, 2009

Daily Life: Quick Quick

Two days passed very quickly. If I look back at them I couldn't say, in great detail, what make them pass so quickly. Work with productive and quick. Personal life was productive and quick. I was thinking earlier about one of my New Year's resolutions, which was to try and keep things simple - specifically, to focuse more on what I was doing in the moment that I was doing it. It has had an interesting side effect of making time pass more quickly, or so it seems to me. More likely, what it has done has made me lose track of, or perhaps stop paying so much attention to, the flow of the hours on the face of the clock.

I have been enjoying it - nights seem to truly belong to me, to spend as I wish to spend them, doing the things that bring me simple happiness. I think the trick to happiness is pretty simple - pay attention to what makes you happy, and then do those things that make you happy. Enjoy a good movie. Listen to a CD. Read a book. Talk to a friend. Write a letter. Take a walk in the park. Enjoy dinner with friends. For each of them, when you are in them, be in them. Very zen, all in all.

For some reason I am looking forward to this weekend very much. I don't really have anything special planned. The weather channel says cloudy with rain. I think I will just move through the weekend and enjoy the cloudy with rain part. It will be a good weekend for cleaning, writing, reading, talking and movie watching. Hope to share some of it with you.

No comments: