Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Daily Life: Crankies

I woke at dawn this morning into a cool and beautiful day. I came into
work and crashed into some minor technical issues that functioned as a
speed bump in my morning mood. They helped set me on the threshold of
crankiness that I am battling to overcome.

I've got three hours of meetings to get through and I am hoping I can
pull out of the crankies some time soon. Right now I am sitting on a
listen only teleconference, in a conference room, wondering why some
people think a monotone speaking voice is "professional".

That is the principle danger of slipping into the crankies - I turn
hyper-critical and focus on the ten percent of things that strike me
as being "constantly stupid".

As I am sitting here I am thinking of something the business writer
Deming said..."the majority of management seems to do nothing more
that get in the way of productive work". It is not a direct quote, but
it does paraphrase the sentiment. I very often sit on management
meetings and wonder at that.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: