Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Daily Life: Lunch and Not Stillness

I am paused for a bit at lunch (split pea soup and a salad). It's been
a bit of a busy morning, which is at least making the day move by
quickly. One of the things I tend to catch at work are the odd
problems that have stumped other people. They can be very rewarding
chances to use out of the box thinking or unusual solutions. They can
also be frustrating. Today has leaned a little bit to the frustrating
side, so lunch time is being appreciated as a chance to reset the day
and then go back in and see what productive things I can wrangle from
the afternoon. I am looking forward to the upcoming weekend. It is
going to be a four day weekend for me, due to my 9/80 Friday off and I
plan to enjoy it to the fullest extent possible. I have no idea what
that means and I am sure it would mean different things to different
people, but that is the plan. I seem to have a bit of a writers block
- I still want to write about stillness, but I haven't quite made it a
high priority and set aside the time to write, so the subject of
stillness is sort of standing patiently at the start of my writers
gate and it is blocking anything else that might be waiting behind it.
So perhaps this weekend I will find the stillness to write about
stillness. For now though, it is time to head back to the "not
stillness" of the office.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: