Monday, May 18, 2009

Daily Life: A Whirlwind of Thoughts Today

I am having whirlwind thoughts today. My imagination is spinning around a very wide variety of subjects, moving rapidly from one to the next. I slept with the windows open so the cool night air could replace the hotter air from the weekend in the apartment. Consequently I awoke as the dawns light crept into the room. It's always a very pleasant way to wake up.

I woke up in a very good mood and that mood is moving with me through the day today. Little things have popped up that conspire together to pull me off center, but I have so far refused to fall into the temptation of letting incidents and accidents pull me from my core.

With my whirling imagination I have thought about a wide variety of subjects today. I've pulled them up in my mind's eye, looked at them, turned them around, twisted them this way and that, before setting most of them aside.

I did have one thought that I wanted to explore a little more. At one point this morning the thought occurred to me that we never really know another person until we know them in their stillness.

Maybe it is a desire inside of me for stillness, maybe it is a reflection of what I need, or perhaps a glimpse into where I think my core resides. I am not really sure, but I am going to be turning the thought around today and see if it becomes something more coherent. If it does, I will share it here. If it doesn't, then I will let it slip away back to the universe from which it came.

No comments: