Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Daily Life: The First Reason - Technical Breakdown

I have been word-locked for the last couple of days for a pair of reasons. The first reason was purely pragmatic. My laptop had been giving me fits - assorted crashes and errors. It made attempting to do almost anything on it frustrating. On Sunday I made sure my data back-ups were current and accessible and let the old laptop give up the ghost. I'll spend some time over the next week cleaning the old thing up and then decide whether or not I am going to donate it. I hate to donate a laptop with problems - and the old one had the worst kind of problems, which were intermittent ones mostly related to hardware. So, Monday I went out and bought a new laptop. I spent most of Monday evening setting the recovery disks up, configuring it, and loading select programs. It is a Sony Vaio FW300 and is very nice. It is about four times as powerful in many aspects at the old one was and is a beautiful machine and I am looking forward to many a happy computing hour on it.

No comments: