Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Daily Life: A Mystery Vegetable In My Soup

Lunch was a chicken and rice soup that was rather short on chicken. That is one of the drawbacks of eating soup deli style, there are always people who will go into a counter soup and fish out all of this or all of that. Sometimes they will go to great lengths. I have seen people standing at the soup pots using the ladle like they were panning for gold, carefully selecting individual bits of floating this or that for exclusion or inclusion in their bowl.

All in all it was a good soup though, flavorful and containing only one mystery vegetable like substance that I was unable to identify - I suspect it was overcooked cauliflower from the general texture of it, or it may have been corrugated cardboard that fell into the soup. I am not really sure, but it carried the flavor of the soup well, so I didn't worry about it too much!

Since my day started early this morning it has been passing relatively quickly and I should wrap things up at about 3:00 PM, maybe a little sooner. I have been meaning to get out and see the movie "Sin Nombre" and given how things have quieted down this afternoon that may be my plan. It is playing at a couple of different theatres, so I have some options as far as time is concerned. It is supposed to be a very good drama and I just really have not been in the mood for a drama the last couple of times that I have gone out to see a movie. Today I am kind of in the mood for a good dramatic movie. I've also got a couple of movies stored up on the DVR at home that would fall under the category of "dramatic movies" and I might elect to watch one of them instead.

No comments: