Thursday, May 14, 2009

Daily Life: I Dream on Two Nights

Let me recount the dreams of two successive nights.

Tuesday night I dreamt of a hotel. It was a new hotel built in the
Beaux Artes architectural style, near Westgate shopping center, on the
section currently occupied by the Hometown Buffet. It was an
impressive structure of red stone, five stories tall, built around a
four square courtyard. In the dream it was late at night and I was
going to the hotel for a formal reception of some sort. It had the
feeling of either a premiere party or a gallery opening reception.

Then, last night, after a round of parasomnia, I tossed fitfully in
and out of sleep, woken intermittently by loud noises, I dreamt there
was a very large, very blue box in the center of my livingroom, tied
shut with a wide ribbon of blue silk. I did not open the box in my
dream, but I recall being very excited about what was in the box. In
my dream I knew what it was and I knew it was something I had been
expecting, but upon waking the contents of the box remains a mystery
to me.

So, in the shadow of the two dreams I am moving through today on about
four hours of sleep, now fortified by a nice hot bowl of white bean
soup and a bottle of Ginger ale. I have one meeting remaining in the
day, a short conversation with my boss to consider some possibilities
regarding workload distribution for one of my analysts. The day is
already over half way done, so I am going to lose myself in
intermittent tasks through the afternoon.

My plan tonight is a nap, a light dinner, and then my nephew is going
to stop buy with some movie he wants me to watch, and we'll watch it.
Then I hope to let my imagination fly and slip into the land of sleep.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: