Monday, May 11, 2009

Daily Life:A Quick Sum of Things



It was an excellent weekend. I sincerely enjoyed the trip to Sacramento, to the Crocker Art Musuem, to see the Maxfield Parrish Exhibit. For those of you who may be scratching your head wondering why that name seems familiar, the picture above is what many consider to be his magnum opus - "Daybreak".

As is often the case with art let me just say that in my opinion so much art can only be appreciated in person. There are so many telling details that the best copies of photographs of the art works simple cannot capture. Art, in itself, has a presence. When ever I am in the presence of art the latin phrase "ars longa, vita brevis" always resonates in my mind.

I am going to write more about the trip to the Crocker Art Museum over the coming days - I really enjoyed it and immediately upon return to San Jose have begun enlisting my friends for a return trip. In addition to the Parrish exhibit, they have an excellent gallery in the French Salon style that is in itself worth the visit.

Tonight though, I cooked a simple casserole for dinner, followed it with a piece of German Chocolate cake, and then spent a very enjoyable evening in the company of my dear T.R., wandering the web and looking at various photographs in galleries like Deviant Art and other places online. The internet is truly an astounding place.

No comments: