Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And Then...I Woke Up

I just had one of those evenings where, tired from the vacation, comfortable in my home, I crawled into bed, fluffed the pillow, closed my eyes...and woke up.  I was dog tired a short while ago, but it seems as if I got a sudden second wind.  I suspect that when sleep does get me, and it will get me, it will crash into me like a giant wave and knock me straight into dreamland.  But, for now, I am awake again.

My thoughts are wandering (obviously, the waking back up did not come with mental alertness).  So, I am back online, the living room is dimly lit, the windows and doors are wide open and the fans are moving the air around.  It is cooling down nicely.

I was watching the weather channel and thought of all my various friends scattered here and there who are deep in the grips of the heat.  They definitely have my sympathy and I hope they are all finding some way to keep nice and cool during this heat wave. Or, deep in the embrace of good old fashioned air conditioning!

No comments: