Wednesday, July 9, 2008

AOL's 10 Books To Read Before You Die

This list was from AOL this morning, I just thought I would share it.  The article was titled 10 Books to Read Before You Die.

1. Gone With The Wind, Margaret Mitchell
2. Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein
3. Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling
4. The Stand, Stephen King
5. The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown
6. To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee
7. Angels & Demons, Dan Brown
8. Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand
9. The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
10. The Holy Bible

Well, LOL, I had to resist the temptation to list the Holy Bible's author. I think it was Dan Brown. I don't think Brown belongs in this list, at all.  Any novel by David Morrell, who writes in the same genre, is significantly better, and even Morrell doesn't belong on a list of ten books to read before you die. 

I also think you could probably die and skip Harry Potter (though, I have read them all). I have read all of the books on this list (including the Bible), and just as matter of personal taste, there is one book that stands head and shoulders above the rest in my mind, and that is To Kill A Mockingbird. I think the Stand was a particularly inspired choice, as it has long been one of my favorite Stephen King books.

I am going to start thinking about my own list of 10 Books To Read Before You Die


Tags: ,

No comments: