Wednesday, July 23, 2008

San Diego - Wednesday Morning

Wednesday morning is bright and cool.  Had a fairly decent nights sleep - not bad for the first night in a strange place. The hotel has a basic breakfast buffet so I indulged after my morning walk. Then, I lingered in the lobby over coffee, reading the morning paper, and watched the subsequent waves of people flow through in the morning.  First came the older people, followed by the families with children, and then finally those who I am sure closed down the bars last night (I know that because I saw some of them there) - moving slow, pouring down the OJ and coffee and wearing sunglasses inside.  It made me wonder at the cumulative total vacation hours lost to hangovers.  Today we are planning on doing nothing except some wandering.  My friend Tony has an old college friend of his who lives in Winchester and we are going to try and swing out there for lunch, if we can coordinate that. For your visual pleasure, here is a picture of the pool area - empty in the early hours of the morning.

No comments: