Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Finished Leviathan Wakes

I finished reading "Leviathan Wakes" and I would definitely recommend it if you are a science fiction fan.  I am going to read the next book in the series - "Caliban's War".  Between here and there though I am reading "Many Lives, Many Masters" and a biography of Julius Caesar.

It was a beautiful evening.  I worked a full day at the office, then stopped at Santa Clara Billiards to shoot some practice games on the way home.  I am recovering my mojo when it comes to pool.  I am almost completely recovered from changing up my game - I would guess another five hours or so of practice will get me there.  I am running at a pretty consist .62 in straight pool.  My current goal is to drive that up to .75.

This week has been relatively pleasant.  T.R. is off to Kure Island with her friends for a week or so. My parents are both home at the ranch and doing well enough, with my nephew Tom in the mix.  Work has been busy but relatively sane.  I lost some time this week trouble shooting a bug that a code change introduced in a vendor product, but they found the root cause today, so it is now just a matter of cleaning up the damage and moving forward.

I lost a spot of time on one of my projects, but I am making up for it later here in the week.  The time spent trouble-shooting had to come out of somewhere and unfortunately, it came out of project time.  That is an equation that upper management fails to grasp.

I am looking forward to the three day weekend.  My plan is, on Saturday, I am going to the San Jose Museum of Art to see an Annie Leibowitz exhibit and then probably grab some lunch downtown.  Part of my renewal of  membership in the museum was a coupon that is worth 10.00 off at 17 different restaurants and cafes.  I think that I will see if I can go to all of them this year.  That might be a worthwhile little eating adventure.

No comments: