Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Heart of World War Z

The high point of the day was Brad Pitt's "World War Z".  I say it that way to separate it from Max Brooks "World War Z" since the only thing the two really share in common is a title and a zombie apocalypse.  The movie has it's share of sins and problems - but, in the end, they pull it off, basically due to the charisma of Brad Pitt and Daniella Kertesz. Daniella, who plays an Israeli soldier named Segen, is the heart and soul of the film.  She brings a toughness and humanity to her role that is, to me at least, the emotional heart of the movie.  I'd actually recommend seeing it, though I had my doubts going into it.  I was pleasantly surprised.  A good movie after all, and though I was not expecting it, I think Daniella's portrayal of Segen was Oscar worthy.



No comments: