Sunday, June 1, 2008

Christopher and Dana Reeves Foundation

The Christopher and Dana Reeves Foundation

Some people noticed and commented on the Superman dog tags I wearing in the photo on the left here.  No, I don't think I am Superman.  No, wait...uh...yeah, sometimes I do, especially when I slip into rescue mode.  Lately though, I have had more of the Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor vibe going, hahahaha, but that is okay.

I picked up the dog tags at WonderCon in San Francisco a few years back - 100% of the proceeds go to the Dana and Christopher Reeves Foundation.  This is a charitable organization that supports research into spinal injuries through grants, funding, communication, and coordination.

http://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c.geIMLPOpGjF/b.899265/

I think you might find it a worthwhile cause.  I am a huge advocate of the power of small donations to make large differences when leveraged with many other small donations.  If this charity does not interest you, then I would certainly encourage you to take the time to donate to the charity of your choice, in whatever way you can.  There are many worthwhile organizations out there doing the good work - almost whatever your definition of the good work might be.

In the spirit of charitable giving, if you would like, send me the name of your favorite charity at roderckdhu@aol.com and I would be happy to make a small donation.

No comments: