Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sleeping On Saturday

Sleeping On Saturday

Well, yesterday turned into a marathon sleep session.  I went to the Sunnyvale Art & Wine Festival with some friends.  We had a good time - the weather was almost perfect - clear blue skies and moderate temperatures.  We wandered the festival, looked at the wide variety of arts and crafts, had some excellent sushi for lunch, and then called it a day about three in the afternoon.

I wandered home and took a swim in the pool then laid down to read and take a little nap...that's all, just a little nap...at about five.  I woke up once around six thirty and then again about eight and then...at four AM.  So, all in all, with a few exceptions, I slept close to twelve hours.  That is my body telling me to shut it down, slow it down, and just relax.  It seems to have worked, since I am sitting here enjoying the day and feeling fairly alert, all in all.

If I dreamt I do not remember what the dreams were, it was that sound of a sleep.

When I woke up in the morning all was still and cool and quiet, so I made a pot of coffee, found my book, and read the closing chapters of "Odd Hours" in the wee small hours of the day.  Once I had finished I logged on, read and responded to some email, then chatted and googled the early morning hours away. 

Around about nine AM I was off to get some breakfast with a friend.  It was a good breakfast.  I had a western sausage omelet - spicy sausage, mushrooms, pepperjack cheese - with a side of sour cream and some tabasco sauce, hashbrowns, wheat toast with strawberry jam, a glass of OJ and two cups of coffee.  Intermingle that with some good morning conversation and it was a great Sunday morning.

Then, I ran a few of the small errands that had to be run, circled back home, dropped some stuff off and then came online for some more idle time.  The internet, in all of its splendor, has long since become my idle entertainment source of choice.  I've slipped smoothly through the last couple of hours, reading, chatting, writing, and looking, with a dip in the pool and snacking snuggled up inside of there as well.

Now, comfortably settled into the afternoon, I think I will write a few email and then consider slipping out and catching a movie to wrap up the afternoon or evening.  I don't think I have any remaining errands that I have to run, but something might pop intomy mind.  Or, maybe not.

No comments: