Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday

Tuesday

I slept fairly well last night.  One of the things I do while in the final run on a project is focus - focus down on everything.   That means I am conscious of diet, exercise, sleep, etc.  Staying tight and focused.  I unwound last night watching a movie with my nephew and then curled up with a book and alternated between reading and writing until about 11:00 PM and then fell asleep.  I woke up about 6:00 AM (first formal meeting was at 8:00 AM) and then...just...laid there in bed.

Because it was hot out yesterday I had slept with the window open.  My bedroom faces to the east so the first light of dawn often floods the room.  That is fine with me since I am, by inclination, a morning person anyway.  So, laying there in bed I watched the tree outside the window light up and turn golden and green with the sun rise.  It was pretty spectacular contrasted against the bright blue sky. 

Once the sun was up I rolled out, ran through the shower and headed into the office.  I kept focused and kept the day moving smoothly.  So far, so good.  Working through the checklist, checked a couple of items off, investigated a couple of more, coordinated a few others.  Confused one of my analysts by asking her for some data she had never had anything to do with.  Fortunately, the analyst who had actually done the work overheard me and corrected me.  Team work makes the world go wrong.

I had lunch down the street (turkey and corn chowder, spiced tofu, cheese and tomato salad, and a boiled egg, with several glasses of water).  Staged items for tomorrow.  Sent and received some email from my trusty crackberry.  Then, finally, wrapped it up and came home.  Dinner was burrito and more water.

My mood is pretty good, things seem to be progressing fairly smoothly.  That is not unusual - most turbulence in a project tends to clear up as people focus on delivering specific items prior to go-live.  So, all and all good.  I wrote the poem before at the tail end of last week and had carried it around on my flash drive for a couple of days before I remembered to add it to the journal below.

Tonights plan is to just relax, unwind, and go to be early.  The countdown continues.

No comments: