Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crashing Back To Earth

I got off work at the relatively sane hour of about 4:30 PM and had a relatively smooth commute home. It was in the low nineties, so the first task was a long swim in the pool, which I had to myself. Dinner was a bowl of tomato soup and a sandwich, chased with a tall glass of iced tea. After dinner I watched the local news, then sprawled out on the couch and alternated between napping and reading (J.R. Ward "Dark Lover", an urban fantasy/paranormal romance). About 8:00 I considered getting up and doing something, but ultimately decided to go bed and continue the simple slow cycle of napping and reading. That was pretty much my night. It was extremely enjoyable. I was "there". I wasn't plotting and planning the next work day, or evaluating the day that had gone before. It is not that work, that great stressor of the first half of 2008, has gone away - but rather the manic intensity of it has subsided with the successful go live of the project on Monday. I will be crashing back to earth, in a good way, over the next couple of weeks as my body and psyche release all of the stress I've been carrying and burying. Normalcy approachs. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: